550,000 sq. ft.
The historic 1,001 room Statler Hotel was the largest hotel between New York and Chicago in 1915. During an adaptive reuse in the 1960’s the hotel was converted into office space. This project included the conversion and restoration of a landmark historical building into multifamily housing with one, two, and three bedroom apartments for a total of 234 units. Typical units are larger than standard apartments and include air conditioning, rack and indirect lighting, modern kitchens and appliances and optional in-suite laundry rooms. Resident amenities include indoor valet parking, private community rooms, and exercise room. Retail shops and restaurants are located on the first floor. Ballrooms and party rooms are located on the mezzanine level.
Historic elements of the building include double-hung wood windows, face brick, terra-cotta and limestone panels that were preserved or recreated to restore the historic integrity of the building. Most of the roof’s structure was removed and replaced with a fleece-backed single-ply membrane. Other exterior work included brick cleaning and joint caulking, and replacement of rusted steel lintels by brick matched to the original color and size.