We are looking for a creative, passionate and energetic individual to take on leadership roles on our commercial and public work as a Senior Designer. This individual would be highly involved in project programming, development of design concepts, renderings, and modeling with Bowen Sr. Management, consultants, and clients. Design responsibilities would also carry into construction documentation, field visits, and construction administration.
The ideal candidate is resourceful and inquisitive, has a passion for great architecture, wants to help foster long-term client relationships through exemplary service, and believes that projects should be tailored to the client’s needs.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- A professional degree
- 3 or more years of professional experience
- Architectural registration, or pursuit of registration
- Proficiency in design software including: Rhino, REVIT, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and real time rendering packages. Knowledge of Grasshopper is a bonus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, clients, and reviewing authorities.
- Attention to detail
- Effectively be able to research construction methodology, building code, building materials, and building typologies.
- Experience in all phases of design.
- Flexibility for Travel
- Experience within any or all of our sectors of practice, including commercial and public.
Bowen offers competitive salaries (commensurate with skill level and experience) in a supportive and cooperative environment. Our ESOP program grants shares of ownership to all vested employees with no individual contribution or expense.
Other benefits include:
- Life, health, and disability insurance
- Wellness initiatives
- Support for licensure testing
- Social activities and events
- Scholarship programs
Bowen provides exceptional integrated architecture, engineering, and construction management services. Bowen built its reputation through integrity, innovation, and a commitment to community. As an employee-owned company, we believe our exemplary service and relationships are the keys to success.
Nestled in the West Bank of the Flats, we are minutes from Public Square, Ohio City, University Circle, and the best that downtown Cleveland has to offer. Our modern, bright design studio features an open-plan atmosphere that encourages collaboration. Bowen offers the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with the support of an experienced team for hands-on learning that accelerates your career.
At Bowen, we value and encourage Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. It is part of our goal to provide each employee with the same opportunity for growth and professional development. Bowen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Innovative design for tomorrow’s environment
Our Vision: To become the FIRST choice in design and building technology.
Our Core Values: Ownership / Integrity / Innovation
Bowen has been recognized as an Early Professional Friendly Plus+ Firm. This distinction from AIA Ohio indicates that Bowen offers exceptional support and opportunities for our early professionals. Bowen is also a Plain Dealer / Cleveland.com Top Workplace.