We are looking for a creative, passionate, and energetic individual to support our governmental design, commercial clients, and program work as Civil Designer. This individual will assist project managers and other team members in developing designs on a variety of project types to exceed client expectations.
The ideal candidate is resourceful and inquisitive, has a passion for great architecture, wants to help foster long-term client relationships through exemplary service, and believes that projects should be tailored to the client’s needs.
Specific Job Responsibilities Are As Follows
- Performs due diligence investigations including but not limited to planning & zoning analysis, utility research, environmental & geotechnical reviews, and conceptual construction cost analysis.
- Develops conceptual layouts and technical solutions to comply with the project program.
- Prepares construction documents including layout, grading, utilities, stormwater management (both quantity & quality control), and applicable details.
- Provides construction administration assistance, such as shop drawing review, responding to requests for information, and construction observation, and attends job site coordination meetings, as necessary.
Preferred qualifications include:
- A technical or professional degree preferred
- Proficiency in design software including: AutoCAD, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, clients, and reviewing authorities
Bowen is a 100% employee-owned firm. All full-time employees take part in our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) at no cost to the individual. Your interest in our success can be an investment in your future! Other benefits include:
- Full health insurance (including vision and dental options)
- Life insurance
- Free parking in a secure lot
- In-house gym with locker rooms
- Yoga and other wellness initiatives
- Company-sponsored social events
Bowen provides exceptional integrated architecture, engineering, and construction management services. Bowen built its reputation through integrity, innovation, and a commitment to community. As an employee-owned company, we believe our exemplary service and relationships are the keys to success.
Nestled in the West Bank of the Flats, we are minutes from Public Square, Ohio City, University Circle, and the best that downtown Cleveland has to offer. Our modern, bright design studio features an open-plan atmosphere that encourages collaboration. Bowen offers the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with the support of an experienced team for hands-on learning that accelerates your career.
At Bowen, we value and encourage Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. It is part of our goal to provide each employee with the same opportunity for growth and professional development. Bowen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Innovative design for tomorrow’s environment
Our Vision: To become the FIRST choice in design and building technology.
Our Core Values: Ownership / Integrity / Innovation
Bowen has been recognized as an Early Professional Friendly Plus+ Firm. This distinction from AIA Ohio indicates that Bowen offers exceptional support and opportunities for our early professionals. Bowen is also a Plain Dealer / Cleveland.com Top Workplace.