An historic renovation nurtures both past and future generations of students
With 100,000+ alumni, Case Western Reserve University embarked on a plan to create a permanent place for its graduates to meet both socially and professionally. The University’s planners chose an existing 1911 historical house right in the heart of its campus. The $2.5 Million renovation resulted in numerous updated spaces which preserved the historic nuances of the house. First floor rooms include a parlor, library, living room, pantry, kitchen, and lobby. The second floor features a business center available to alumni with all the benefits of modern technology. Alumni relations staff offices are located on the third floor. The addition of a new 4-story elevator, wheelchair ramp, and renovated restrooms brought the historical building to up to modern ADA standards.
Exterior renovations included the rehabilitation of brick masonry, rehabilitation of the slate roofing, all new landscaping and new site pavement.
The finished building functions both as a fully equipped office space and as an elegant event space.