We are looking for creative, passionate, and energetic individuals to support our governmental design, commercial clients, and program work as Senior Structural Engineer. This individual will prepare project deliverables ensuring compliance with all company, client, and industry standards for commercial and retail building construction projects.
The ideal candidate will possess Professional Engineering License and have a minimum of 8 years of related work experience. Software skills should include a familiarity AutoCAD and/or Revit. This position requires someone who is detail oriented, organized and has great communication skills.
Specific Job Responsibilities Are As Follows
- Independently prepare and complete Structural Engineering designs that are responsive to project needs with minimal guidance from senior staff.
- Coordinates preparation of foundation and roof framing plans and specifications with architects
- Review and approval of shop drawings.
- Provides guidance to junior staff and co-op students.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Professional Engineering License.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience.
- Familiarity with REVIT and/or AutoCAD.
- Experiences with structural design software such as RISA 3D, SAP2000, Enercalc, & Tedds.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, clients, and reviewing authorities.
- Experience in all phases of design and construction administration.
Bowen is a 100% employee-owned firm. All full-time employees take part in our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) at no cost to the individual. Your interest in our success can be an investment in your future! Other benefits include:
- Full health insurance (including vision and dental options)
- Life insurance
- Free parking in a secure lot
- In-house gym with locker rooms
- Yoga and other wellness initiatives
- Company-sponsored social events
Bowen provides exceptional integrated architecture, engineering, and construction management services. Bowen built its reputation through integrity, innovation, and a commitment to community. As an employee-owned company, we believe our exemplary service and relationships are the keys to success.
Nestled in the West Bank of the Flats, we are minutes from Public Square, Ohio City, University Circle, and the best that downtown Cleveland has to offer. Our modern, bright design studio features an open-plan atmosphere that encourages collaboration. Bowen offers the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with the support of an experienced team for hands-on learning that accelerates your career.
At Bowen, we value and encourage Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. It is part of our goal to provide each employee with the same opportunity for growth and professional development. Bowen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Innovative design for tomorrow’s environment
Our Vision: To become the FIRST choice in design and building technology.
Our Core Values: Ownership / Integrity / Innovation
Bowen has been recognized as an Early Professional Friendly Plus+ Firm. This distinction from AIA Ohio indicates that Bowen offers exceptional support and opportunities for our early professionals. Bowen is also a Plain Dealer / Cleveland.com Top Workplace.